I'm just a little bit obsessed with kettle-bells. I love how versatile they are compared to free weights. And they make the best, low-impact pregnancy workout and I really feel the burn!
I usually start my kettle-bell days (yes, I have "days"!) with 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill or Eliptical. When I'm not pregnant I might do the stair-climber or run but I just waddle-walk now.
Okay, I realize some might be thinking..."Hey, Laura! What the heck is a kettle-bell?" So I'll insert a picture here....
I usually use a 10-15 pound-er but you can up the weight if you need more.
So let's get cracking!!! This is a full-body workout.
Laura's Kettlebell Workout
(Click on bold to see picture or video)
1. Kettle Swings (my favorite!!!!) 30-50 times *don't swing higher than your shoulders and remember to push with your hips...don't squat!*
2. Leg-extented row- 20 times *this video made me laugh so hard, but it's good. Ha!*
3. Squat to shoulder press -15-20 times, each arm.
4. Torso swings (this is hard pregnant...)-20 times each side
5. Shoulder?Lat Raises-20 times *this one I couldn't find a picture to. Just hold the kettle bell with both hands in front of your chest and raise up and down in front of your body. Lower to your hips and raise to your chest. Hope that makes sense?
6. Squats (holding bell at chest) 30-50 times
I usually will do a set of triceps dips of some steps-about 15- and then repeat this workout 3 times total.
There ya go! Hope you like it as much as I do!