I had an awesome, super fun and very girly makeup class last night. I loooooooooove teaching women about makeup, and no offense to my girls who came but sometimes I forget how little women really know about makeup and what to do with their skin! Its a win for me though----I'm totally GAME for teaching and helping in this category so today I'm sharing 5 things to improve your skin RIGHT NOW!
1. Drink more water. Hydration is CRITICAL for your skin. It was naturally gives it its glow, a clear complexion and helps fight pre-aging.
2. Get a moisturizer with at least a 20 or 30 SPF. The sun literally KILLS your skin. Literally. It damages collagen and collagen gives your skin its bounce and structure. Without that...we have wrinkles. Plus, too much sun equal sun spots...which ain't fun sista's!
3. Rid your beauty cabinet of mineral oil, artificial fragrance and synthetic preservatives. Hey Laura, um...what? Yes, its true. Anything listed above is bad. Bad. Bad. Mineral oil lays on the top of your skin giving a dull-ness. If you turn your product around its usually listed as petroleum. Mineral oil or petroleum is actually a 2 step process from processed cling wrap...sound fun? Artificial fragrance is a natural irritant. And synthetic preservatives are usually those last 3 or 4 ingredients listed...carbomers, parabens. Yikes!
4. Stay clear of bar soap. Yep. I'm getting picky here but ladies, bar soap will create a layer of gook on your face and is full of drying detergents. If you just HAVE to use a bar soap, try the Body Shops (I love mine!!!)
5. Be happy and stay positive. I say it on the blog all the time but people with a happy demeanor and attitude have scientifically been known to have better skin! Life is a bowl of cherries......
I know it might take some adjusting but if have nice, beautiful skin is important you then apply these steps to your regimen!!!