I guess in my old age, I've gotten a little more high maintenance. And seeing how I am pretty much the most low maintenance makeup artist you'll ever encounter, I think its a good thing. I've really come to enjoy my "getting pretty" process and ventured into new products and ideas that I'm really happy I did.
So....here's 5 beauty products I never thought I needed but I actually do!
1. Foundation primer: A primer is basically the glue that holds your foundation to your skin. It also prevents creasing in fine lines, fills in larger pore and gives a more polished finish. There are also primers sold for specific skin conditions like oily, large pores, acne prone, etc.
2. Eyelid primer. This is a serious must for me. I got a sample of a eyelid primer and am hooked. Just like a foundation primer, it is the glue that holds eyeshadow to your eye. It also prevents creasing and makes the color look and feel better. I noticed when I use a primer on my eyelids my eyeshadow lasts at least 2-3 hours longer.
3. A hair wrap (aka turvy twist). Ok, everyone laugh but this thing is the bomb (hello 1999...). I buckled down and got one and just LOVE it. It helps with frizz, makes me feel fancy and keeps my hair out of my face while I get ready. Plus, drying time is a ton shorter.
4. Blush. This might be a surprise but I didn't start wearing blush til like 2 years ago. I really never saw the point but blush balances everything out on your face and gives you a natural glow. You don't have to go all crazy, just a light application can make all the difference.
5. Eyelash curler. I know, I know. Its awesome. I have naturally curled lashes but whenever I use my curler its like BAM! They show better, mascara looks thicker and over all just make my eyes look bigger.
If you have questions about which products of these are my favorites, just leave a comment below!